View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cmp and I played an absolutely wild game. It started off with a kickoff return for a TD by my star receiver, who later got hurt in the game for the rest of the regular season

There were a few wild turnovers including one play where my corner intercepted it but fumbled it a second later and his receiver recovered. Pettway threw 2 picks this game but neither was his fault as Cmp's defenders were relentless in hitting my receivers and one of the picks was where a receiver was flipped into the air kicking the ball up to one of his DB's.

I thought we were done when we were down 44-35 with 2:49 to go. However, Pettway put together his best drive of the game and led us to a quick score that ended with a 10 yard pass.

I tried an onside with 1:38 to go and to my shock, recovered it. This is my first recovered onside kick with this version and probably my first in 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I promptly fumbled the ball and thought we were done for sure. But, on his 2nd run Cmp's HB fumbled it and we recovered.

We marched down the field including a nice PA pass with 17 seconds left to get us inside the 5. From there Collier ran it for his 5th TD run of the day with 12 seconds left. He may be slow as molasses, but he runs hard. I'll miss him after he graduates this year. We held on to the 48-44 win.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-16-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote