View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm 34 and enjoy facebook.

It's allowed me to connect with old friends, people from highschool etc...

It also allows me to see pictures of friends and family from home since I live 3.000 miles away.

Granted, I'm not one of those people who post my every move, but I think it is a good way to network with friends.

Hell, I'm 42 and on kind of my second pass through Facebook after not getting a lot out of it when I first messed with it. This time around I'm having a good bit more fun with it, reconnecting with a lot of people that I didn't see on the first go 'round.

The best part of it for me I think is that I can control what degree of interaction I have better than I could if, say, they moved in next door or married into the family or whatever. I can choose to read or not read their posts, look at their pictures, etc. And if I keep the chat turned off when I'm not in the mood I don't get many unwelcome interruptions in my surfing.

It's been a kick to see people that I literally haven't seen in 20 years or more & I'm also able to improve contact with a number of medium range to distant relatives that aren't geographically convenient but this way we can at least have some notion of what's going on with each other's more immediate families & the like.