View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Inventory

Okay, your will keep track of several items through the game mechanics. First of all, you have room for up to two weapons, but you can use only one at a time. These take up weapon slots.

Next up is backpack. You have eight slots in your backpack for various items. The most common use for your backpack is meals, tools of adventuring, or herbs and potions. You have a belt punch that can hold up to 50 gold crowns, the unit of coinage. Finally, you can keep track of special items that are stored elsewhere.

Now, in Book 8, they will introduce a limit of 12 special items per person, but many special items will say they do not count against that limit, like tickets, rings, a scabbard, etc. The goal is to reduce the number of special items getting carried around all of the time, so I will introduce this rule early for Lone Wolf. Just 12 special items, but I will disregard things like jewelry, and small items.

I am also instituting an Abe Rule. I can carry small items in my backpack if I choose, if they would make sense to do so. For example, in addition to a broad sword and mace, I could toss a dagger in my backpack as a spare weapon just in case. I would rule a dagger would take up just one space. However, it would be unable to be retrieved in combat, and just be there as an extra.

I will also use the Safekeeping rule initially. I can store items in Safekeeping for future stories, but not be accessible during an adventure.

There are also some armor rules. No more than one shield, one helmet, etc. However, many armors are compatible with each other, like a padded waistcoat and chain mail (which were often worn together in the Middle Ages). There is an official chart as to what can be worn with what.

During the adventure, I will be instructed to eat a meal. If I do not have one, and cannot use a Kai Discipline to get one, then I lose 3 current EP. These cannot be restored by the Healing Discipline.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-19-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote