View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

At dusk on the 10th day of my quest, I arrive at Port Bax. Like a diamond set in a sea of green velvet, the towers of the city shine and sparkle in the evening light. To the north is harbour and the Durenese war fleet. I enter the city and see City Hall. I can choose to use tracking, so I do. It tells me that the Sommlending Consulate is in the naval quadrant of Port Bax, so I move in that direction.

At the end of the avenue, I reach some gates. Port Watchtower, Harbor Authority can be seen on a sign above them. I approach the gate where soldiers are, but I am turned back because I do not have either a white or a red pass. The gate itself is red.

I turn back and head to the watchtower building. There is a door marked Red Pass, one marked White Pass, and one to turn back. Since the gate is red, I enter the Red Pass door.

Behind is a man wearing a Duranese Naval Officer’s uniform. He’s pretty snarky. He demands to see access papers and proof of my commanding officer’s authorization. In order to shut him up, I choose to show him the Seal of Hammerdal.

Shock splashes on his face, and without a word he beckons me to follow. We move up some stairs, and within a few moments, arrive at a desk where I am issued a Red Pass immediately.

I arrive at the harbor guards, and this time I have a Red Pass. They salute me and allow me to continue along my way. Within a few seconds, I can make out the shining flag of my country, Sommerlund, flapping against our Consulate’s building. I smile at the banner of home and make for the building. The guards recognize me and within a few moments, I am greeted by tall grey haired official who thanks the gods for my arrival.

I meet the Lord-Lieutenant Rhygar, a knight in heavy chain mail in service to our King. Born of a Sommlending mother and Duranese father, he was a natural choice for envoy, and has become a legend in the city after helping to fight off the Ice Barbarians of Kalte. He orders a fine meal for me immediately. I gain 6 EP from it. We will leave in the morning and go to Hammerdal together.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote