View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I continue along the tunnel for another mile but soon sleep begins to overtake me and I sleep. I awake refreshed but I have no idea what day it is, or what day it is. Mile after mile passes and I see ice halls, crystal rooms, and finally the ledge of a great chasm, which I follow. After a while on the ledge, I glance back and notice a giant two headed snake. I am asked if I have Tracking and/or Animal Kinship. I do have one.

Tracking tells me this is a Javek, a deadly poisonous ice snake that moves quickly. I will be unable to outrun it. However, like many ice creatures, it is afraid of fire. I am asked if I have the Firesphere or I can just attack the poisonous snake. I pull out the Firesphere and place the halve son the ground between the Javek and me. The Javek writhes about and tries different angles to get to me, but it cannot get past the Firesphere on this ledge. After some time, it gives up and moves back into the darkness. Once I am sure it is gone for good, I collect the Firesphere and continue on my way.

The chasm and ledge, after miles, eventually open into an icy but scaleable rock face. I can try to scale the rock face, or I can descend into a hall that has opened up. I choose to descend. This is faster than above with all of its ice traps and such and I am going north still.

Shortly after I discover a fork and I can go left, right, or use Tracking to identify some tracks in the snow and ground. I use Tracking and identify the tracks as a Baknar, but I cannot tell which way it currently is. I decide to go left.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote