View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:41 AM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I continue on and discover a door in the corridor. I can look in the room, or continue on. I look in through a spy-hole and see a robed man inside of a pentacle traced on the floor. I can go it or continue. I choose to go in.

As I go in, he asks who is there. He looks up and recognizes my Kai Cloak and praises the gods. He is Tygon, a merchant from Ragadorn who was kidnapped by the Ice Barbarians and now awaits audience with their new leader. He asks to be freed. I recognize the pentagram as a common circle of biding that can be easily broken from the outside. I can either freed him, or leave him, or if I have visited Ragadorn I can ask him some questions about the city. I choose to ask him.

I can ask him who the name of the ruler is, what is the name of the tavern in Barnacle Street, or the name of the river that divides Ragadorn. I choose the former. He says Killean.

Now, that’s actually wrong. Lachlan has been the ruler there for four years, and Killean before him. But if Tygon has been here for four or more years, that would be right. Of course, if he was here for four or more years, he wouldn’t be still waiting Vonotar’s audience, and Vonotar has only been here for less than a year himself. There’s no way the old Ice Barbarian chieftain would have imprisoned someone behid a magical circle. Something doesn’t add up here. I choose not to free him. He cries out to me as I leave.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote