View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a vast chamber with crystal blocks as decoration. Vonotar the Traitor is on a crystal throne entranced by study and oblivious to us. We truly got him, completely and totally surprised. Loi-Kymar sneezes and Vonotar looks up.

Upon seeing us, he gasps and fumbles for his black staff. He looks like a criminal caught in the act. I unsheathe the Sommerswerd and charge towards him but he is far enough away that he is able to summon a really large guardian, a Akraa’Neonor. This huge tentacled monster has a central eye and slithers towards me. I can use my Sommerswerd, pull out the Effigy, or just attack it with a regular weapon.

I pull out the Effigy. I grab it from my pocket and it begins to glow. The creature is mesmerized. Loi-Kymar orders me to use it against Vonotar, and I mentally command the Akraa’Neonor to capture Vonotar, which is does with ease. Within seconds, we have captured a struggling Vonotar, who finally faints. I try Vonotar up and strip him of all of his rings, trinkets and jewelry.

Loi-Kymar raids the Hall until his finds his Guildstaff. After a few moments, he begins to use it to teleport all three of us to the boat.

The final section:

As the colours fade, you become aware of a sudden drop in temperature. You now stand upon the Ljuk ice shelf at a point less than half a mile from where the Cardonal lies at anchor. Loi-Kymar and Vonotar are close by, both shivering in the chill morning air. Within minutes you are sighted by the ship's lookout and a longboat is despatched. As a wriggling Vonotar is hoisted unceremoniously aboard the Cardonal and deposited in the brig the captain is the first to congratulate you on your skill and daring.

'But how did you manage to return so quickly?' he asks incredulously. 'We were not expecting you for another ten days.'

'Let us say,' interrupts Loi-Kymar, 'that the wisdom of the Kai and the lore of the Magicians' Guild can surpass the limitations of even time itself.'

A puzzled expression crosses the captain's face, but it is gradually replaced by a smile as he begins to understand the magician's curious answer.

Your journey to Anskaven is swift, but you are saddened by your memories of the brave guides that were left behind. Your arrival in the port is greeted by an anxious crowd. They fear that your early return is a sign of your mission's failure. When the news of Vonotar's capture becomes known, your warrior skills are required once again; this time in the defense of your enemy against the seething mob of outraged Sommlending that assault Anskaven gaol. Safe passage is eventually secured to Toran, where trial awaits the traitor.

Upon the dawn of the feast of Maesmarn, in the depths of the Guildhall of the Crystal Star, Vonotar the Traitor is tried by his brotherhood and found guilty of his terrible crimes. He is led away in silence to the deepest chamber of the Guildhall, wherein lies the Daziarn: a portal of total darkness, the door of an eternal prison from which there can be no escape.

You are the avenger of his crimes, and it is you who cast the wretched traitor into the limbo of Daziarn. Your mission is now completed. You have survived the caverns of Kalte and freed Sommerlund from the menace of Vonotar.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote