View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I can ask them for info, or let them go on their way. They may be a good source of info, so I stop them.

I signal the driver to stop, and as they do, a small stout man with a bright pink tunic plunges out of the front wagon and shouts and curses at the driver, until he sees us. Then the idiot starts shouting Bandits! And Robbers! He works himself into such a rage and riot that he manages to knock himself over.

I am told by others that the man, Yesu, is simply afraid of the Pike so much that his nerves have got him. I find out that they are from the land of Cloeasia to the far east. They played at Eshnar but the people were quiet and listless, so they travel to Holmgard for a better audience. They offer to camp with us for the night and do some entertaining. Having 50 Sommerlund rangers in this dangerous land probably helps them out too. I agree.

The minstrels set up a small stage and announce the title of their play The Brave Warriors of Sommerlund. During the performance, I notice something odd. One of the players is using a real sword, and not just any sword, but only those issued to cavalry officers. After the play I approach him to question him about the sword, but he gets nervous and makes a dash for the darkness of the wagons. I can pursue, let him go, or use either Hunting or Tracking to find him. I decide to use my skills.

I find the wagon he is in with my skill and I go up the ladder to the door. He is hiding underneath a blanket. How quaint. I sit down and ask him how he came by such a sword. He tells me that he bought it in Eshnar from the Innkeeper of the Pick and Shovel. He tells me to take it if it is my sword. As I look at it, I see that it was inscribed with “Captain Remir D’Val - King’s Guard Regiment.” I do take it, and it will count as a weapon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote