View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After five minutes of climbing, I reach the next level and a tunnel heads off towards the south. I take it, and go a short distance when I discover a lever in the wall and hear a sudden noise in the distance as a guard moves down the tunnel toward me. I pull the lever, enter the secret tunnel, the door closes, and after the guard passes by, I notice I cannot get back out so I have no choice but to follow this path.

The tunnel emerges into a large path. A dark skinned warrior guards the entrance to a ratty old bridge. On the other side of the bridge is another tunnel continuing. The guard is distracted by whittling. I can use Camouflage, use Mind Over Matter, or just attack. I use Camouflage. As I move, the guard turns his back to me for a split second, and I launch an ambush. I pick a number and add 3 if I have Hunting or I am Guardian Rank. I get an 11. I kill the guard, and find 3 crowns, a sword and a meal. I take the crowns, eat the meal hurriedly, and move on.

I hear some movement behind me and I dash across the bridge and down the tunnel. I find a lever in the all and suspicious, I check it for traps but find none. I pull it and a portcullis crashes down behind me and I break the lever with a rock.

I am hungry and must eat a meal, but since I did about five minutes ago, I am counting that. Plus, the text never says I can’t use Hunting in caves and mines, although it might be poor form to think I can. After eating I follow the tunnel for several miles before it arrives and a long, deserted gallery.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote