View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For 25 days the galley that left Port Bax sails until it nears Barrakeesh, the capital of Vassagonia. During my time on the ship I have learned the Vassagonian language very well, and also regaled the Vassagonian sailors with tales of my deeds as the Last of the Kai. I have earned their trust and respect by the time we arrive.

The envoy for the Zakhan is proud of his city and hands me a spyglass to observe the spires and bannerets of their city. Everything is as he describes it, but I see many black banners flapping over the town.

I am him what they signify, and in shock, the envoy grabs the spyglass from my hand. The envoy curses, and then tells me that the Zakhan is dead. The bad news passes through the ship quickly.

We arrive and the harbor is largely deserted except for a few citizens wearing black. I can hear the toll of a funeral bell. A horse-drawn carriage arrives and moves to the ship. It halts, and several of the Palace Guard emerge as well as a man in turquoise robes.

'A thousand greetings, Lone Wolf, I am Maouk, and I welcome you to our city on behalf of my master, his most sublime magnificence, Zakhan Kimah.'

Upon hearing the name of the new Zakhan, the envoy gasps and turns to me. He starts to tell me it is a trap, but Maouk’s dagger pierces his chest and he is killed before my eyes. Suddenly, dozens of troops begin to appear from the various shops and alleys nearby. The trap has been sprung. I have three options: I can stand and fight against overwhelming odds, surrender, or retreat back to the ship.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote