View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #398
whomario
Pro Starter

What i hate about the Blazers right now : There definitely is such a thing as being too methodical and the Blazers simply over-do it in the half court with just way too many predictable sets. Plus slowing down the tempo that often and considering their personell is just beyond me. Of course they shouldnīt suddenly become a run and gun team, but you have 2 bigs that can really run the floor, you bring a 3/4 on as your backup PF, you got a guy like Fernandez who is a terrific fastbreak player, you have a PG in Miller who is great at running the break.

I really like their upside in terms of the postseason as they have guys that draw double teams and attention in the halfcourt and can get the ball deep (not just Oden and Aldridge, also Roy and especially Miller post up) but MacMillan needs to get that stick out of his ass and be a lot more flexible as far as strategy goes.

Last seasonīs exit against the Rockets was telling in that regard where they flat out refused to look for early offense when thatīs the one thing that can really hurt a team with an all-league Lowpostplayer that also happens to anchor the defense.

Last edited by whomario : 11-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote