View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I told you, EF, you're blinded by your bias. There is no point in discussing this with you, so I'm not going to do it.

Give some good concrete examples.

Here I'll even do the work for you. In 2008, USC's biggest wins were against Virginia who they beat 52-7. I might give you that one. Pete had Mustain throw a pass late, but Mustain was the #2 QB at the time and he wanted to get him a bit of game experience. Still, I could see an argument there.

USC beat Ohio State 35-3. USC almost exclusively ran in the 2nd half against them and didn't score in the 4th quarter.

USC did pass late against Oregon after losing the previous week to Oregon State. They beat Oregon 44-10 and again Mustain threw a TD late. I guess you could make the argument he ran it up there.

The next week, they beat Arizona State 28-0. Pete didn't throw it at all in the 4th quarter and USC didn't score.

They beat Washington State 69-0 the next week, but they didn't throw it once in the 2nd half except early in the 3rd quarter. The 4th string HB had a few TD's in the 4th quarter, but I remember that one very well and USC was running the same basic running play over and over.

They barely beat Arizona before beating Washington 56-0. Again, there was only 1 pass the entire 2nd half. They only scored 2 rushing TD's in the 2nd half again with their 4th string HB's.

They only beat Cal by 2 TD's.

Stanford they only beat 45-23 and it was a rushing TD to help put the game out of the reach at the end.

Maybe, you can make a case for them running it up a bit against ND. They beat them 38-3, Sanchez played into the 4th quarter and threw a TD midway through the 4th quarter. But, him and Weis have always had bad blood.

They beat UCLA 28-7 last year and USC didn't score at all after early in the 3rd quarter.

They were up 31-7 on Penn State at the half. They tried to go very conservative in the 2nd half. Penn State brought it within 17 points, so Pete opened it up again and Sanchez threw deep one last time to put it away in the 3rd quarter. After that, it was mostly conservative runs.

I don't have the patience to go through every game in 2007, 2006, etc, but 2007 was much of the same. So, rather than just coping out with saying you don't want to debate with me, why don't you give some real concrete examples of Pete's supposed pattern of running up scores.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-29-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote