View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #384
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

If I recall, you predicted a loss to Old Dominion on a neutral floor which makes me wonder how Missouri would finish in the top 4-5 of the Big 12. Old Dominion is a solid team that returns a number of starters from a team that finished third in the Colonial. But if you're predicting a top 4-5 finish in the Big 12 then you'd better expect a win over a team like Old Dominion.

Missouri is 4-2 right now with nine non-conference games left. Illinois is the only loss I'd pencil in and that's not even a guarantee since it's a neutral site in St. Louis. So we'll say 12-3 after the non-conference. That means you're predicting a 9-7 finish in the Big 12?

I honestly couldn't make a prediction for Missouri right now. The losses to Richmond and Vanderbilt surprised me. Texas A&M, Colorado, and Texas Tech are playing better than expected. Oklahoma and KSU are playing less than expected. I think Missouri will be around the 7-9 to 9-7 mark based off what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
While fully understanding that you didn't do any leg work to look at what we have left in our non-conference, I'd note that I had Mizzou at 4-2 in my prediction for this year. At this point, I'm spot on. I also had them finishing with 21 wins. Given what I've see thus far from Mizzou's opponents and from Mizzou, I see very little to change that prediction.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote