View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #206
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
That got me thinking (Ichiro/Figgins). I think I'd rather have Figgins 1st and Ichiro 2nd. Figgins is about 10 points below Ichiro for career OBP but the spread between his BA and OBP is about 70 points where as Ichiro's is only 40 since he doesn't take many walks. So, over the course of the season, I think 10 points of OBP would be wiped out by the extra bases a fast runner like Figgins would take on an extra 30 points in hits.

SI

Also, although Ichiro is fast, too, and steals bases, he doesn't seem to create the kind of trepidation/fear from batteries that Figgins does, who is more along the lines of a Crawford or an Ellsbury in impression/impact. So Ichiro at the #2 would see a lot more fastballs. And he would be able to do more with them than Figgins. A lot of fastballs to Ichiro == nothing good for teams playing the M's.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote