View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #82
Radii
Head Coach

I notice that Ray Allen is listed as "Sluggish" going into the game, we've been playing every other day for a couple weeks but haven't played back to back any lately. He's the only starter not fresh or rested. He's getting up there in age so it makes sense,and is pretty awesome to have to care about carryover fatigue. Anyway, I cut his minutes in my rotation, giving a few extra minutes to DJ Augustin and Gerald Henderson.

Jan 15, 2011

LA Clippers (19-20) at Charlotte(19-19)

CHA:LAC
80:80 OVR
81:90 OFF
80:80 DEF

Great overall offensive rating. Davis/Iverson/Griffin/Kaman are very strong offensivelly.

LA Clippers Scouting

PG Baron Davis - 82 OVR - 12.1 ppg/7.4 apg - A+ handles, B+ perimeter D, B- outside/C+ inside scoring. With the addition of Allen Iverson Davis takeson less of the scoring load here(12.1 ppg woudl be his lowest scoring average in 11 seasons).

SG Allen Iverson - 83 OVR - 16.2 ppg - 35 years old, Iverson/Allen is a good matchup of aging stars here. Iverson A- hands/A- perimeter D/B outside scoring.

SF Al Thornton - 72 OVR - 9.1 ppg/3.7 rpg - B inside/B- outside scoring, poor defense everywhere. A chance for Wallace hopefully.

PF Blake Griffin - 81 OVR - 9.7 ppg/10.1 rpg - Griffin is slowed by a tailbone injury, only playing at about 75% effectiveness. B- inside/B- rebounding is all he's got today.

C Chris Kaman - 78 OVR - 19.1 ppg/10.8 ppg - Kaman is shooting 52% on the year and has become quite a force for the Clippers. He's hurt and at about 90% effectiveness today. B inside/B post D.

LA has great guard depth. TJ Ford is rated 78 OVR and backs up Davis at the point, and Eric Gordon is also at 78 OVR backing up Iverson. Ford scores 8.5 per game, Gordon about 14. Both are major concerns.

First Quarter

Charlotte 29
LA Clippers 22

Eric Gordon hits a 3 as time expires, we had a 10 point lead going there briefly. We shoot 12/17 in the quarter, 2/2 from 3. Just not missing anything. Allen and Wallace hit a couple pullup jumpers in transition and Wallace is getting to the rim at will. Wallace 12, Felton 5, Allen 5. Padgett has 5 boards already. Iverson 7, Griffin 6 for the Clippers.

Wallace and Baron Davis both have 2 fouls.

Second Quarter

Charlotte 49
LA Clippers 43

We lead the entire quarter, sometimes it seems easy but they do get hot and cut an 11 point lead down to 6. Wallace leads us with 14, Ray Allen is 3-3 from 3 and has 11. Diaw 10, Padgett 7 points/6 boards. Kaman leads the Clippers with 11, Griffin 8, Iverson doesn't score this quarter and still has 7.

Third Quarter

Charlotte 78
LA Clippers 59

SAMUEL PADGETT. Padgett's quarter: 10 points/3 boards/2 assists/1 steal/3 blocks. In the first 3 minutes of the quarter he blocked Griffin once, Kaman once and just pulled an alley oop out of the air to trigger a thunderous dunk by Gerald Wallace. He was on fire from the post and led a 29-16 quarter for the Bobcats. Wallace has 20, Padgett 17, Diaw 17, Allen 15. Kaman 15, Iverson 13, Griffin 12. Iverson is 6-13 and is struggling a ton against us. We're 4/12 from 3, but 32/55 overall. Maybe hitting a bit much inside? Just one game though, against Milwaukee in our last game we both shot 40% most of the way.

Fourth Quarter

9:15 to go - Augustin hits a 3 to put us up by 20, but then the Clippers go on a 8-0 tear and its 81-69.

8:20 to go - TJ Ford hits a 3, Augustin misses a shot afer a drive, they come down and score and uhhhhh, its 81-74. WTF! I take a timeout. I have 5 backups on the court, and ideally would keep it that way and bring the starters back at the 6 minute mark for the stretch run.

6:30 to go - Starters are back in. Henderson and Thomas miss a couple more shots, Iverson with two at the line for the Clippers and I have to get my starters in to put this thing away. 81-76, holy crap.

5:45 to go - Its a midrange jumper! Allen comes off a screen and strokes a jumper from 17 feet, 83-76, ending our long scoreless streak.

3:55 to go - A free throw and a jumper make it 83-79, Padgett misses a shot and we have a turnover and are collapsing big time.

2:50 to go - Padgett gets his 4th block on defense and misses yet another shot on offense.. still 83-79.

1:55 to go - Kaman with a bucket, we miss on our end, and Iverson gets a 3 point play opportunity... but blows the free throw. Its tied 83-83.

1:40 to go - I was actively avoiding going into Padgett, he's come up empty on so many decent looks, but as Ray Allen takes a step to the hole, he's doubleteamed by Padgett's man. Allen with the dish, Padgett with a 5 footer and we lead 85-83.

1:25 to go - Gordon with a 3 point play opportunity... this time the free throw is good, 86-85 clippers.

1:17 to go - Felton gets by Davis and breaks down the defense a bit, he finds Allen who has a good lane to the hoop for a layin. 87-86 Bobcats.

0:45 to go - Iverson misses a jumper on their end, Wallace misses a jumper on our end. Clips ball, we still lead by one.

0:05 to go - Baron Davis takes a very difficult shot over Felton, its no good, Padgett with the board, but there's still 30 seconds left at that point. I end up getting a bad 3 for Ray Allen, and he whiffs it. Clippers get the board and a timeout, they get the last shot.

Iverson finds Baron Davis for a long jumper in the final second. Davis' 3 is GOOD over Felton, there's only 0.3 left and we lose.

LA Clippers 89
Charlotte 87

Well that's a bit embarrassing. LA outscores us 30-9 in the 4th quarter. Its entirely my fault. Ithought the lead was just too big to lose, I held the backups in all the way to the 6:30 mark, I kept going with what worked in the 3rd quarteR(pounding it inside to Padgett and Diaw) and it just didn't work in the 4th. I totally ignored Gerald Wallace for a number of possessiosn in a row. Lots of things I could have done differently to not choke this one away.

Wallace: 20 points/5 boards
Padgett: 19 points/11 boards/4 blocks
Allen: 19 points
Diaw: 17 points/8 boards
Felton: 7 points/4 assists

A grand total of 5 bench points... just 3 for Augustin and 2 for Thomas.

Allen Iverson hits some huge 4th quarter shots and ends up leading all scorers with 21. Kaman 18 and 11, Griffin with 12.

Man, this one is a bit embarrassing.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote