View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #430
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And? So everyone who writes on ESPN.com is exactly the same as anyone else who writes for ESPN.com?

Thinking in terms of baseball, Peter Gammons was the only writer/contributor to ESPN who stuck out as having seperate credibility from ESPN. All of the other Jayson Starks, Buster Olneys, and Keith Laws of the world all suck from the ESPN teet, so they are indistinguishable in my mind (as are Heyman and Verducci for SI).

Quote:
Or is this just another "HOW DARE SOMEONE SAY MY TEAM MADE A BAD DEAL" post, and damn the facts?

Nah, if it's a bad deal, I'll say it's a bad deal. If the Phillies had not been able to sign Halladay to an extension, but kept Lee and Halladay for only 2010, I'd be on here saying its a bad deal. I'm not one of those who think that selling out for 2010 and 2010 alone is the way for the Phillies to go.

In the end, we're arguing about prospects man. Prospects, not the real major leaguers. But prospects? Prospects. I can't believe we're talking about prospects.

I guess my cynicism towards that blogger is that it's simply way too early to debate the merits of any deal when the major criticism is the value of prospects any team got back.

Oh, and as for "facts". What you are promoting is not "facts" but ways to state the truth to bolster your own opinion. I can do that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
you're on the same website with Flasch and MBBF - would you like to be grouped in with either of them based on that?

Shudder. Good point. Good thing I don't pimp FOFC to my real world life.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 12-15-2009 at 04:31 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote