View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #441
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Like I've said before, it really depends on the circles you run in. Amongst the younger and more educated crowds it's a non-issue, and from what I know of DT - 20's, went to BC, lives in Wellesley, works at a (white-collar) start-up, types coherent posts that accurately convey a point - he almost certainly does run in those crowds (as do I.) If you want to start talking about the idiots that call into WEEI (and I avoid them as much as possible) or the older fans, then yes it is there. (If - and that's a big if - I'm remembering them correctly) I still don't entirely get your/your wife's personal experiences with racism - I've never seen it against Asians, at least ones that speak English - but I don't doubt there are some people out there.

Awww thanks Bishop!!

I'm actually 30 now though.

You're right though - I definitely run in those crowds, but I suppose amongst the "idiot fringe" it's definitely there (as like you said I suspect it is in most cities). I guess I just like to think that the idiot fringe is slowly aging and dieing off.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote