View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #326
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Children of the nile is pretty fun if you are into Caesar city building games. It came after Caesar so they fixed some things and added more stuff. Think on a Tropico based in the old Egypt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i was intrigued by Mosby's Confederacy, but didn't end up even ever DLing the demo or anything - the reviews I read were nothing special and it seemed like the game mechanics were a bit...simpler than what i was expecting (if i recall correctly)

thanks for the input guys. Yeah, Hinterland was the one I was most interested in, but I also thought that Children of the Nile looked intersting. I read some reviews about Mosby's Confederacy and finally convinced myself it looked interesting enough to spring for the Tilted Mills pack at $14.99.

Other than those three (well four the sequel to the original Children of the Nile is also in there) I bought the following games:
Evil Genius
Freedom Force pack (installed the first game and yay, it works on my computer!)
Audiosurf
Ghost Master (for a buck, and reading the reviews, it looked goofy and funny enough for me to try out)
Zombie Shooter (kinda RPG shooter thing, looked silly enough for me to spend some time with)

All of that for 27.98, hard to beat.

Speaking of Audiosurf, tried it out with two very different songs, Metallica's Master of Puppets and Live's Lightning Crashes. Wow, fun both ways and the Lightning Crashes worked its way up, it spiked like crazy. Them bricks kept on coming like crazy...

I also installed the demo for Dark Messiah Might and Magic. Will fool around with it a bit and might get it too. My video card kinda sucks though and it kept me from even trying to get one of the STALKER games...

FM