View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #253
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Looks like talk of the demise of the Wii was premature. It only sold 3M and still doubled each console, outselling them combined. The top 3 games were Wii games as were 5 of the top 7.

SI

Yep, definitely a good December for Nintendo and the industry as a whole.. The top game sales has far more to do with installed base more than anything else. If you break down the games by sales as a percentage of the installed base, the other two consoles fare very well.

Sony really shot themselves in the foot with their supply model. They pushed far too many of those 250 GB models into the supply chain and not enough 120 GB models. I went out for some post-Christmas sales and store after store (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, ToysRUs) had a stack of 250 GB models while the pallets where the 120 GB machines had been displayed were empty. They've got a big thread about it over on NeoGaf, so I know what I noticed wasn't an isolated situation. Even when Sony does well, they still get in their own way it seems.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote