View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #77
Big Six
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
This is shaping up to be a very very good Notre Dame team.

I hope you're right, bbgunn. I've found, however, that some of the uberstuds I think I've recruited don't turn out to be game-changers once they reach the field. That's the way it is in real college football, though, so I think that's pretty realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Wow. 5 out of the top 10 players in the country. ND should be set for the future. Good luck in 2007.

I always recruit the best players who have good grades and SATs, but I don't figure I'll sign nearly all of them. This time, I hit nearly every target I aimed at, which was really pretty cool.

I think one thing that made a difference was the fact that Notre Dame could offer this year's top players almost exactly what they wanted. For example, both Edgar Pearson and Ricardo Josephson wanted to get away from their home towns and attend schools with strong academic reputations. I was surprised I pulled Donovan Shelton away from Michigan, but the Wolverines are loaded at QB, and that might have made the difference.

We'll have to see how good some of these guys turn out to be. Looking back, I should have set the difficulty level higher. I'm playing at "Second String," the third most difficult setting, because I hadn't played TCY for a while before I started this dynasty.

By the way, is it possible to change the difficulty setting once a game has begun?

Thanks for your comments!
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote