View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #258
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Man....this luge death has really cast a pall over these games so far. Who knows if the mood will lighten? What was the mood like during Munich games after the execution of the Israeli team? Anyone who was around that can answer my question would find me indebted.

I wasn't old enough to remember, but I am a member of the International Society of Olympic Historians, (an offshoot of the IOC desire to collect data) and I have talked with many athletes from those games. Most of the athletes were sickened by it, but were so focused on their events, they didn't allow themselves to dwell on it.

The elders I talked to who were not athletes were completely stunned, and thought Avery Brundidge handled it poorly. But, there is a real belief that many groups, (think Atlanta bomber) think they can disrupt the world by causing chaos, and from what I have been told; not much would prevent them from continuing the games.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote