View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #1452
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Great news! Arzelle Farrell is telling me that he is completely in as a Trojan. I just hope he doesn't change his mind between now and the end of the year when he can sign.

We remain #1 in the polls. Can we go the entire year at #1?

Dec 22, 2033 -

An easy game tonight at Tulane. They are 4-4 with a roster rating of an 80. This is our final OOC game of the year.

We win 100-64, but Nelke's injuries finally cause him to have an off night.

Mack led the team with 20 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists on 7 of 10 shooting.

Galbreath with 8 points and 6 assists.

Nelke with 6 points, 4 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 3 of 10.

Halsch with 12 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks.

Zimmerman with 13 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks.

McDade led the bench with 17 points and 5 assists. Troy with 7 points and 2 boards. Kabba with 4 points and 4 boards. Connolly with 8 points in just 12 minutes.

Nelke should be 100% by our next game, but Zimmerman and Dillard were hurt in the last game. Both will be D2D. Zimmerman has a sore hamstring and Dillard has a dislocated finger.

Time for the conference preview:

1. USC. We are 10-0. We are #1 in the polls and we are tied for the highest roster rating with a 94. I believe that is the highest I've ever had with any team at this point in the year. Galbreath, Connolly, and Dillard are showing the most growth this year.

2. Washington is 13-0. They are #2 in both polls. They also have a roster rating of 94. SR SG Keena Linebaugh is a superstar who is higher rated than any of my players. They have an excellent balanced starting 5 that has no weaknesses.

3. Stanford is 11-1. They are #11 in the media poll. They have a team power rating of 92. They also have a superstar SG in SR Ridley Bronson. They are very strong at the guard position with a bit of weakness at PF.

4. UCLA is 9-1. They are #9 in the media poll. They have a power rating of 91. The have 3 seniors and 2 juniors starting. Franklin Howel is developing into the monster player that I knew he would. The big PG has developed his skills and is going to be a matchup problem. SR C Abe Butch has become the undisputed leader of their team.

5. Oregon is 8-2. They are 22nd in the media poll. They have a roster rating of 91. They are very strong at SG with SR Donatas Kleinzweig starting. They have a big weakness at PF. The rest of their starting 5 is very good.

6. Arizona is 10-2. They are 25th in the media poll. They have a roster rating of 88. They are weak at SG and PF, but are very solid at the other 3 positions.

7. Cal is 7-3 despite having the youngest starting 5 in the conference. They have a roster rating of 86. They are starting 2 freshmen and 3 sophomores. SO SG Roscoe Hoskin is the most talented of the 5.

8. Oregon State has finally climbed out of the cellar. They have 3 seniors starting and have a solid balanced starting 5, but not much depth behind them. They are 7-3 with a roster strength of 85.

9. Arizona State is 7-5 with a roster srating of 83. They have 1 stud freshman PG in Hensley Walton who is the best player on their roster with an overall of 79. If they can get any big time recruits to come play with him they could be dangerous in a year or two. To be fair, they are missing their starting SG and C due to injuries.

10. They are some who think we should kick Washington State out of the conference, they are so bad this year. They are 1-10 despite having an excellent SR C, Denver Fowler. However, the rest of the lineup is bordering on bad. On the plus side, 3 of the starters are only sophomores and could become good down the road.

Team Leaders:

Scoring - USC 87.8 ppg.
Rebounding - UCLA - 33 rpg.
Assists - USC 17.9 apg.
Steals - USC - 12 spg.
Blocks - Washington State - 5.6 bpg.

Individual leaders:

Fowler, WSU 25.5 ppg.
SF Dearmon, Arizona 8.7 rpg
PG Howel, UCLA 6.3 apg
PG McDade, USC 1.9 spg (amazing considering his limited time each game)
SF Jacobson, Arizona 2.6 bpg.

Scout impressions:

Best Overall Player: SG Linebaugh, Washington
Best Freshman, PG Walton, Arizona State
Best Shooter, PG Desilos, Stanford
Best Playmaker, McDade, USC (I need to get him more PT.)
Best Pro Prospect, Linebaugh, Washington
Best Defender, PF McCollum, UCLA

We start off the year against ASU. A closer look at their starting 5:

FR PG Hensley Walton is 5'11 160 and is from San Jose, CA. He was the #7 overall player last year and the top PG in the nation. He is a very good 3 point shooter, a very good ball handler, and a great stealer. He needs to work on the other parts of his game. He is rated 79 overall. He is averaging 9.4 ppg and 3.2 apg.

FR SG Booker Stockman is 6'2 180 and is rated 74 overall. He is best at slashing into the lane. He is averaging 8.4 ppg and 2.6 rpg.

SR SF M.C. Muurinen is 6'7 238 and is rated 74 overall. He is a decent midrange shooter. He is averaging 7.4 ppg and 3.4 rpg.

SR PF Quin Den Boer is a 6'9 250 pound PF from Chula Vista, CA. He is rated 76 overall. He is averaging 5.8 ppg and 5.1 rpg.

SO C Clifton Collucci is starting in place of the injured sophomore Center Levi Cortez. Clifton is the bigger player at 6'10 232. He is rated 73 overall. He is averaging 3.3 ppg and 3.6 rpg.

The top bench player available is JR SG Monwell Deberry who is 6'4 214 and is rated 73 overall. He is averaging 4.8 ppg and 1.2 rpg.

The rest of the bench is in the high 60's.

I'll play them later.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote