View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #855
bronconick
College Starter

I think a lot of it has to go back to when he decided to scrap the 5 year interlude originally planned after Storm. He probably has all sorts of things that have to be adjusted because of that. After he gets frustrated, he throws his hands up and goes and does something else for a while. Rinse, wash, and repeat since 2005.

Jordan seemed to have something similar happen, but he just churned out subpar books and ground through it, so I guess I should thank Martin for saving me the $40-$60 I would have spent on crappy hardcover books like I did with books 8 and 10 of the Wheel of Time.

The blog he keeps makes it worse, because something like 1 out of 10-15 posts has anything to do with his writing. I can't imagine there's a large sect of people checking his site to find out his views on NFL football or how he took 3 months off of any kind of writing to travel. Especially when apparently he can only write at home, on a special keyboard, at 68.2 degrees when the sun isn't shining in the window.

At this point I have my doubts that he's going to be able to put out a 5th book that satisfies (4 was a serious step down from the first 3, and didn't have 5 years of fan frustration behind it), and I have no expectation that the series will ever be finished because I don't think he has another 15-20 years to do so, and I don't think he has copious notes and a wife/editor like Jordan left to have a ghostwriter finish. Frankly, I'm glad that all the books were gifts.

Last edited by bronconick : 03-02-2010 at 07:56 PM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote