View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #401
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the bugs in 2010, it has motivated me to at the very least finish out this season before I start playing 2010 regularly. So...

August 5, 2017 -

I'm actually feeling the nerves tonight. We are going against the Yankees at home and we are both 66-44 having split the previous 2 games of this series. They have their ace Joba Chamberlain going against me, so I need to be on tonight.

A good start to the night as Reyes flies out to center on a 0-1 slider. Chase Utley flies out on a 1-1 slider to left center. I get Mark Teixeira to strike out on a 2-2 running inside fastball to end the inning.

I get Surhoff to strike out on a 3-2 fastball to start the 2nd. The fans are cheering me loudly tonight. 1-2-3 2nd.

All of my pitches are working tonight. 1-2-3 3rd as I strike out Willie Taveras with a 2-2 splitter to end the 3rd.

DeJesus with a 2 run double to give us the 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd.

An error allows Reyes to get to 2nd to start the 4th. I can't believe how badly Garza threw that one. Yes, Navarro guns down Reyes on a steal attempt at 3rd with a 0-1 count. I strike Utley out with a 0-2 splitter. Teixeira gives me a scare but DeJesus catches it at the wall.

I strike out Headley with a 1-2 change for the 2nd out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Pedroia with a solo shot in the bottom of the 5th. We lead 3-0 now.

I strike out Katteras with a 1-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 6th. I strike out Taveras looking with a 2-2 fastball. Guys are all avoiding me now..

Reyes bunts for a single to break up the no-hitter. Asshole. I strike out Utley with a 1-2 slider but Reyes steals 2nd on the play. I unintentionally intentionally walk Teixeira. I strike out Surhoff looking with a 1-2 change. Headley grounds out to short on a 1-1 fastball to end the inning.

After hitting the leadoff batter (by accident), I strike out Brandon Phillips with a 0-2 change. Kattaras with a strong linedrive to left center.. it drops. Rico Estrada tries to go to 3rd, Jacoby guns him down by 2 steps. A ground out to Pedroia ends the inning. My arm is feeling good to go for the complete game shutout.

Navarro with a 3 run homer to give me some breathing room.

Reyes starts off the 9th and I really want to drill him, but I don't want to jeopardize the shutout. I'll get him another time..

He hits a 1-0 slider right at Garza who catches it. I strike out Utley with a 2-2 outside fastball. Teixeira hits the first pitch to deep right.. it's at the track but it is catchable!

I get the complete game shutout! 6-0 win.

9 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 11 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote