View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #403
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After that win, we are 1 game behind the Yankees in the AL East with a 68-48 record.

August 18, 2017 -

Tonight's start is at home against the Angels who are 70-51. We are 70-50. I need to watch out for Mike Napoli's power.

After 8 pitches, I strike out leadoff hitter Wilson Cotts, with a 2-2 change. Their 2nd hitter, Manzella, hits a line drive to right center for a single. Miguel Cabrera is hitting .331 with 38 HR's. I need to be careful here..

He hits a 1-0 low change right at Pedroia for a 4-6-3 DP to end the inning.

I walk Napoli with 4 straight balls to start the 2nd. I strike out Armas with a 2-2 splitter to end the 2nd after getting the other 2 batters to fly out.

I strike out Cavazos with a 0-2 curve for the 1st out of the 3rd. That was my 1,000 career strikeout! I strike out Bartlett with a 0-2 change.

I strike out Manzella with a 3-2 splitter to start the 4th. Cabrera hits it to the wall in right field, but it's a long out. I strike out Napoli with a 1-2 outside slider.

Segui with an RBI single in the 5th to give us a 1-0 lead.

Cavazos hits a 1-2 slider hard down the left field line and it bounces off the Green Monster for a double. Bartlett with a ground ball to 1st to advance the runner. 1 out. Wilson Cotts hits a 1-1 fastball to deep left for the sac fly. I strike out Mazella with a 1-2 splitter to end the inning.

Cabrera rips a very hard ground ball that gets into left field for a single to start the 7th. Napoli hits a 2-1 fastball right at Fielder.. he catches it and tags out Cabrera who was just a few steps off the bag! Mitcheltree with a single into center. Michael Cuddyer taps a 0-2 change back to me for the final out of the inning.

Konerko with a solo homer in the bottom of the 7th! We lead 2-1.

Armas starts off the 8th with a double down the left field line on a first pitch swing. I'm yanked from the game. Crud. Come on guys. He brings in Ramon Ramirez who is having a very good year.

Ramon gets us out of the inning! Taylor Buchholz pitches a perfect 9th for his 7th save. We win the game 3-1!

I get win #14.

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K. My ERA drops to 2.29.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote