View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #99
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
How does any day 1 vote truly help the village? We're all voting blindly (except the wolves) and therefore most of our votes, mathematically speaking, end up being anti-village. So unless we all sit around, debate, fake reveal, etc. until the first night deadline, most villager votes are little more than random stabs/guesses. If you vote without reason or cause or it looks random, you're a wolf. If you vote with reason or cause, you don't know crap and you are still a wolf. My vote is a joke vote and could move but on D1, it'll only move to avoid a tie or if someone comes out doing the wolfy-dance.

No, the point that Lathum and I are making is that a pre-determined vote hurts the village later in the game because it is impossible to analyze. All villager votes on Day 1 are crap shoots, but down the line they mean more than if they didn't happen at all, since we can look back and try to see trends. The pre-determined votes make that harder.

It's not a big deal, but given the lack of anything else to base a vote on I will vote for anything that I see as being non-helpful to the village. That usually means I'll vote for someone who is overly quiet or hasn't checked in on day one. But in this case, I'm going for the guy whose voting pattern makes determining his allegiance tougher down the road.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote