View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #432
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
but since FBCB really doesn´t generate 2 star players that turn out like 5 star players ... (the star rating is directly linked to the ratings in the game file)
Actually he was a no-star rating best as i can tell, no one bothered rating him.
Which is the case with a lot of players, all things FBCB doesn´t mirror. Like HR said, you have to simplify here and look at the results, not the perception.

In an ideal world we´d have a rating for "recruiting knowledge" for each area for the head coach and assistants that determines how likely it is to a) identify, b) scout and c) convince a recruit to come.
The reason why certain colleges recruit internationals successfully is because they have connections to the countries via assistant coaches f.e. (one of saint mary´s assistant played there for 7 years, one of Gonzaga´s assistants has played in germany and has contacts there)

And with the rule changes kicking into gear now regarding eligibility the number of really good european players going to college will only increase ( Luke Winn at the NCAA Tourney – SI.com » Posts New Rule Could Clear Way for Kanter « )
(Australia doesn´t have that issue with their sports institute)

from the current hoop summit world team 5 guys will go to college next year.

In any case, if it´s going to be optional everybody can have it their way anyhow

Im going to jump in here and say I think this is one of the biggest changes from FBCB to FBCB2.

You can go after 1 star and 2 star recruits and have them end up being great players by the time they are juniors and seniors. That part of the game has been revamped. So you dont have to just target 3 star recruits anymore when your at a lower prestige school to get great results. You can find a lot of hidden gem/ under recruited players that can become stars if you go that route.

Its a blast now in my opinion taking a lower rated school and trying to stick with them to see how good you can get them without going crazy when you loose one recruiting battle over a 3 star kid.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote