View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #487
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I just hated the direction SI took OOTP beside facegen the whole let's have a double AA affiliate in Zambia thing did it for me.

You do realize that you'd have to create a AA affiliate in Zambia, right? It doesn't exist in any league setup by default. Furthermore all leagues in OOTP are the same they just use different modifiers relative to MLB (if you are playing a real world game) or to each other and the parent league.

You could take a current setup of MLB and American minor leagues, transfer all of the minor leagues to third world countries and nothing in the game would actually change as long as you didn't change any of the minor league modifiers or settings. I don't know of anyone that would or has done this and don't see any reason why anyone would, but then if someone sitting in the privacy of their own home playing a solo league wants to why would it bother me? OOTP really gets an unfair rap on this with people perpetuating the "Zambia" leagues like this is what the game is about or has a default setting especially when, in truth I believe\hope, they know better.

I suppose one could ask why were any of these obscure countries (in relation to baseball) included? Simple the "world file" already existed at SI for FM. OOTP was looking to include countries like Japan, Korea, Mexico, any real baseball playing countries, along with winter leagues. Adding these countries was easy with the existing "world file". I suppose they could have either created a new file with only the countries they wanted or used the existing "world file" and remove all of the countries they didn't want. Which would entail more work? Including it didn't cost OOTP anything but opened a world for a few people that may, for whatever reason, want to use it.

Time for some to move on from what isn't, and never was, an issue. My 2 cents
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote