View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #316
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
We must be seeing very different teams then. I think this is a staff made up of guys overrated on one good season or on the downside of their careers, and I really only feel comfortable about Weaver, Kazmir and Jepsen at this point. I'll reserve judgement on Pineiro, and I feel very strongly that Saunders is just going to continue to slide down into mediocrity. We'll see I guess. I think this team will just about finish above Oakland who are 1 year away from all those studs really maturing, but behind Seattle and Texas for sure.

Yeah, you lose confidence way too quick, IMO. They'll be fine. They have gotten off to a bad start. It happens. Even you have to admit that Matsui is better than Vlad right now, so that was an upgrade, and even if you think Lackey is the greatest thing than sliced bread, he would have only affected one game so far. Do you really think Figgy (or Oliver) is the difference between this team now and the team that won 97 games last year? Come on, give it a little time before you crap on them.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote