View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #703
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, I feel like I have already gotten my money's worth from this game. One career underway, I have pulled lowly University of Maryland - Eastern Shore from prestige 4 to 40, and to being a perennial MEAC power. It took about a dozen years, playing as mostly a recruit-it-and-forget-it style, and now I seem to have topped out what I can get from them.

I am moving to a MAC school next, and intend to play with a house rule of no international players from here on. Yes, they are costly, but there's not a ton of risk involved in pursuing about 5 internationals ranked #50-200 on your call list from the get-go, and after a week or two deciding whether to spend any money on them if they remain unpursued (some will). When my team's top local pulls are in the #200-400 range, I'll toss a scholarship after a 12-rebound-a-game German guy without even scouting, if he's rated #75 overall...no problem. If he has no offers or interest from anyone else, one $3500 assistant visit may do the trick, even for a fairly low level school. I think that's too easy...but it's also really easy for me to just not pursue it, so I don't plan to yell too loudly about it.

I haven't gotten deep into stats or much else with the game, so I don't have much to say there... just like the shallow immersion and quick pace more than anything. Thanks for reviving this brand, I'm glad to see the new game lives up to the lofty standards of the title.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote