View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #777
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I didn't really understand waiving Juan Cruz, because he's one of the only guys in that bullpen who seems to have MLB talent, they're getting torched, he hasn't been bad this year, AND - oh yeah - they signed him for 2/$6M last year. THAT's the guy you can out of that bullpen? Must be something behind the scenes going on. Is he related to Elijah Dukes or something?

I'm not sure what the story behind the story was. I just haven't been able to figure it out because, again, like you said- he had actually had MLB success and it's not as if he suddenly got old or something. However, don't let his ERA this year fool you- he also let something like 7 of 8 inherited runners score so he looked more like Juan Cruz 2009 than Juan Cruz pre-2009. I'm wondering if we find out that he goes on the shelf and has TJ surgery and he's been hiding it all along.

Honestly, when they signed him last year, $3M per for a pitcher of his caliber was a bargain. I thought it was a good move and he would me eminently flippable for a team looking for a setup guy at the trade deadline this year.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote