View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #403
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I agree with this. I think the most likely result is that the B12 would be dissolved with the big schools getting picked off by the Big 10, Pac-10, and SEC.
I've said from the beginning of all this that any one team leaving the Big 12 is a death knell for the league. There is simply no logical solution to replacing any one team, much less more than one team. Missouri to the Big 10 and Colorado to the Pac 10 seem like very likely probabilities at this point.

The Big 12 isn't going to peel anyone away from the SEC, Big 10 or Pac 10 because those conferences have better TV deals and league structure. The Big 12 would turn to Arkansas to replace Missouri but Arkansas is not leaving the SEC.

The most logical teams for the Big 12 to pursue are TCU, BYU, Utah, Houston, UTEP and Tulsa. Some of those are nice schools but they simply aren't Big 12 mega-conference material.

If the Big 10 expands to 14-16 teams, you have to think the Pac 10 and SEC will follow suit. Maybe Texas ends up in a bidding war between the two, but I've read the Pac 10 wants Texas and might be willing to take A&M and Tech to make it happen. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would be looking for a life raft too, and the Pace 10 or SEC would be good fits. In a mega expansion of the Big 10, I think Missouri and Nebraska both join.

The schools that should be scared are Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State. I don't see a home for them unless they convince the Big 10 to take them. Whoever gets left out of the conference free for all is going to end up in a place they don't want to be, like Conference USA.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote