View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #303
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
1) I don't know how you can think having a secure border is worse than having an unsecure one. The government screwed up with the 9/11 guys. We know this.
I don't. I'm saying it's not a big deal compared to other stuff. Border security comes up when politicians don't want us focusing on other issues that matter. They don't want you to know that health care is still fucked up and the banks are going to still get away with dry anal raping us after this "reform" talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
2) Those crime studies cause me to laugh a bit. It's using stats based off of incarceration. Let's say the average American commits a major felony and wants to get away before an investigation heats up. How many know how to get smuggled across the border? How many of us have family or connections in another country who we could go back to? How many of us know how to get fake documentation to fool authorities?

They know the problems of our systems better than we do because they have to stay on the fringe of it all the time. Now, before this jumps into a "you're just being racist" bitch fest, I'm not. I don't care WHAT the number is. We should be doing everything we can to eliminate illegal entry into this country. I don't understand anyone who gives the opposite view of that.
Lot of other stats out there. We've had relative lax borders over the past couple decades and seen a massive influx of illegals. Major crime is down nationwide and in most major cities. You can argue that they make our country more dangerous, but at some point you have to provide some evidence to back it up.

Most illegals are here to make money to support themselves and their family. They don't want trouble and go out of their way to avoid it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote