View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #251
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The corridor gradually descends away from the there and there is a lot of headroom here. They find Derek here again. He must have snuck past them at some point in time. “She’s near, never you worry.”

Alzar and Estaish moves towards him, and he pulls on a cord on the ground, and a constrictor snake falls from the ceiling right on top of Estaish. It surprises, strikes for 4 damage and begins to squeeze Estaish. Alzar moves to cast Sleep and it fails. Derek sees the sand spell component, and smiles. “I’m immune to sleep and charm spells, mage. I’ve got elf blood in my veins from some long ago ancestor.”

Alzar files the fact that Derek is not charmed away for now and swings his staff at the snake. It misses and, does he hit Estaish? Yep, for 5 damage The snake constricts for 3 damage. Estaish tries to hack at the snake and manages to hit it for 4 damage.

Estaish is at 7/19.

Derek throws a dagger at Alzar and hits for 2 damage. The snake constricts for 2.

49/51
5/19

Estaish hacks the snake for another 10 damage. Alzar needs a get out of jail card to free Estaish. Unfortunately, he cannot think of any with his spells (Sleep, Animate Dead Animals, Detect Magic, Ray of Ondovir, Skulltrap, Searing Serpent.) His wand of paralyzation may not work on a snake, and may not work even if it does. Same with the Rod of Terror. No potion will work. So, all he can do is swing that staff. It hits and doles out 6 damage and kills the constrictor.

Derek smiles, and then runs. He knows Alzar needs to help Estaish for now.

85 XP each

The cavern moves a bit to the rear, like a corridor, and then stops. Since this whole place is built and not natural, that cannot be random. Alzar searches and finds nothing, and fire soff a charge of his wand, and it reveals a secret door.

He opens it, and sees a room with a low ceiling. Inside is a cell with Aleigha unconscious in the bottom. There are also three chest in it. Alzar has the fremlin check each of the chests and open then. Inside are Aleigha’s belongings, missing 100 gold. They do not have a key, but Alzar uses the acid to open it, but due to the toughness, has to use it all.

They grab her and awaken her. She has taken no damage, and she is quickly able to don her armor and grab her things.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote