View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #622
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Not sure there will be any bump from St. Louis. Due to the Illini being considered a local team for whatever reason all local cable outlets already carry the big ten network. I think (tv wise) losing St. Louis would be a loss for the Big 12 but not much of a gain for the big 10. (again talking tv only)

That's really a point that gets overlooked too often, and I guess I'm guilty of doing it here as well. The availability already exists in most markets, all that's going to vary is the extent & as you rightfully point out here not even always that is going to make much difference.

I think I'm guilty of trying to give the benefit of the doubt by going with the larger market here but if your assessment is correct then there's about as much to be gained from a TV perspective by adding Utah as there would be by adding Missouri (which is the conclusion I was actually trying to avoid pointing out). And based on the B10N press release numbers, Pitt seems likely to be another case of limited increased availability as well (since they're including those in what they promote already I have to imagine they're already widely available as well).