View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #408
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
awesome

There was a 24/7 krispy kreme about a mile walk from Georgia Tech's campus that we used to go to ... well probably too frequently, but there were always hot donuts right off the line at that location.

I don't remember my Raleigh geography *that* well but some googling shows that the Peace St location would be the closest one to the elementary and middle schools that I went to (hunter elem/ligon middle), I'm pretty sure that is the one mom would take me and my sister to on rare occasions on the way home from school when we were kids. Good stuff!

Most likely. The Peace Street one is the "historic" one and one of the ones that you could witness the whole production cycle going on in the back. Nothing quite so interesting as watching those doughnuts be conveyored under a glaze waterfall and then trundle around on other conveyors in order to cool off before being packaged (or better yet, brought to the registers and put into boxes right after you order them.

Even saw something where KK is giving out free doughnuts on June 4th as part of "National Doughnut Day". Free Krispy Kreme doughnut...aaraaaraaghhh
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote