View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #114
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay. Here's my story.

I went out to the Jordan's furniture to buy my mattress yesterday, and figured I'd look in at Paul's TV and talk to the guys there. Talked to them about the Panasonic's...was closing in on one of them (I think it was the S1) when I looked diagonally down to the right from it and saw the most beautiful picture in the room. Hands down.

Last year's Mitsubishi Diamond Series (52" LCD). Instead of getting the entry-level version of this year's LED LCD, I went with the top-of-the-line version from last year (roughly $1000 off last year's price). The salesman threw up a couple different movie scenes and then put on some live golf, and the picture on the Diamond was really massively better than anything else in the room. The 18-bit color processing (versus the 12-bit in most other TV's) blew my mind in the way it was reproducing colors . Hands down the best color (and whites) reproduction of any of the TV's in the room. Things like seeing the brown spots on a golf course while all the other TV's were showing just green. Or the way the rear-end of a polar bear went from deep white to dingy brown down by its feet (and the other TV's showed basically just white with a hint of brown). And the Diamond series also has 18 speakers in a bar underneath the TV that reproduce 5.1 surround sound by using Yamaha's technology (it does something where it time-delays the sending of signals to different speakers and etc I guess?). So that saves me from having to go out and buy speakers and I'll still get nice sound.

So that's what I went with. Mitsubishi LT52249.

Mitsubishi LT-52249 Reviews

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-30-2010 at 06:32 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote