View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #945
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

As a Syracuse fan, and a basketball fan primarily, I'm in a tough spot. I don't want to be a part of the Big10, at all. But if there was an invite, I know the school would accept it.

But then, I wonder what kind of conference Syracuse would be joining, if they really believe Rutgers would be a good team to invite. No offense to the Rutgers fans here, but that school has contributed exactly NOTHING to the Big East since it joined. It continues to provide nothing, and in fact, they have done nothing but suck at the tit of the Big East since joining. It doesn't make a dent in the NYC market (no Big East team does). It has a smoke and mirror football team with 5 years of "success" built on one win against Louisville and about 30 wins against the worst teams in 1A and 1AA. If the Big10 thinks this is a good choice, then they are no smarter than the ACC leaders who completely blew it with their expansion plans a few years ago.

Bottom line and best case scenario, take Rutgers off our hands and let the rest of the Big East stay intact. Please. We'll even waive their departure fee.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote