View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #338
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

About the England match - Green playing, I personally would have started James - experience counts in these type of matches and Green just doesn't have it (and whenever he HAS started for England against a half decent team he's looked unable to cope imho).

Wright-Phillips coming on the left made no sense imho, he's only 'natural' on the right and tbh even then he isn't the player he was before Chelsea messed around with him imho.

I also couldn't comprehend why Carragher was brought on, tbh that was near suicide he's the slowest defender in the universe, I wouldn't have had him any where near the bench for that match for that reason .... his lack of pace left us exposed continually in the second half.

On the bright side Lennon causes problems with his pace and Johnson was also very intelligent with his movement - on the downside neither could cross for toffee (I'm sorry but if you've skinned your opponent at this level and have a free cross you should manage to get it to a striker or at least somewhere near one).

Kudo's to Team USA though, they were well organised and dangerous on the break as I expected* - but tbh I'm gutted ....... hopefully I'll feel happier after our next match

*Oh and if you fancy swapping keepers let us know

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 06-13-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote