View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #382
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
How did we get Martin Tyler for our broadcasts? I missed that whole thing. Is this an international feed since everyone always bitches about how stupid our announcers are?

This is such a huge upgrade over finding a guy that does baseball to call the game for us. Or that JP Delacamara(??) guy.

Surprised they didn't try Lalas and Fowdy or something equally stupid. Very happy to get to listen to Martin Tyler.

All of the announcers were brought over from England except for John Harkes on the TV side. JP is actually doing radio coverage. In fact ESPN actually hired someone from either Sky or BBC to run the entire production. Of course there was a small bit of bitching when it was announced that the pendulum had swung too far by bringing in all the "foreigners".
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote