View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #654
MJ4H
Coordinator

You know, there was a point a number of years ago where we collectively made a decision. No one asked us our opinions, but we all said, ok let's go with it.

Someone decided that people would trade-off a small part of the viewing area on their televisions in order to know what the score and time situation was at ALL times during a game. Not just during breaks or transitions, but ALWAYS.

I think everyone was ok with this. It seems like a great trade-off. Nothing really happens up there anyway. Now, I can just flip through the channels and see the score whenever I want, without having to wait. Or if I'm doing something else, I can just glance up and check it.

At some point, though, it became common, to JUST RANDOMLY FUCKING TAKE THE SCORE BANNER OFF THE SCREEN SOMETIMES. I'm watching the GD finals game right now, while doing something on the computer.

I have looked up 3 separate times to check the score. ALL THREE FUCKING TIMES, it has been one of the times when they RANDOMLY* take the score off the screen.

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY DO THIS? WE AGREED TO GIVE UP THE SPACE FOR THE SCORE AT ALL TIMES. NOW WE ARE GETTING SHAFTED AND WE SHOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS.

*I'm pretty sure they do it during replays for some weird reason.

And yes, this does seriously piss me off. I really feel like they are going back on an agreement when they do this.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote