View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #539
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Must admit that i havenīt paid all that much attention this year in between being away from civilisation (well, the internet at least) for 3 weeks and now the world cup and all, but i also read on a few pages from around Europe that heīs going to go over.
His contract is up and he reportedly is in the best shape of his career (again ...) and wants to give it a try.
Numbers i read range from about 6-8 mio dollars for 3 years.

However heīs on the Greece Roster for the World Championship and itīs really an either/or decicion between summer league and that. If the Clippers think they need to see him in Vegas than heīll likely not make the jump and simply sign a new contract with Olympiacos (which is on the table for him to sign)

Have no idea if heīd fit in the NBA, the guy is such a unique player itīs really hard to project him. I mean, the guy barely plays 15 minutes over here but when heīs on the court he annihilates defenses to the tune of 8 PPG in 13 minutes in the euroleague and 10 PPG in 14 MPG in the Euroleague.
Thatīs propably the role he could fill in the NBA as well, sparkplug (weird to say that about a big man) that comes in and does one thing really well, that thing being Pick and Roll offense.

He will never play more than 20 minutes a game or be anything close to resembling an all around player.

EDIT : Want more weird and unique ? The guy played competitive chess before turning to basketball ...

Didn't know all that. Pretty neat and informative. Thanks, whomario. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote