View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Record Breakers: A FOFC Poster Elimination Dynasty (OOTP 11)

This is a player elimination dynasty using Out of the Park Baseball 11. I have created players for each of the top 20 active posters on FOFC, 10 pitchers and 10 position players. Each of the players will start at age 20 in the draft, and I will follow their progress, with the worst players in each season being eliminated until there is only one of each category left as the winner.

I have tried to keep the players balanced with all having solid current ratings and near-maximum potentials, but there are some differences as well just to make things different.

Rules:

The first two seasons (the half season after the players are drafted and the next full season) will have no elimination. This will allow the players to develop a bit. If most of the players are still in the minors at this point, I may consider allowing a third grace season.

After this grace period, each season the players performances will be evaluated and (except for the rules below) the player I judge to be worst in each category, hitting and pitching, will be eliminated from the game and retired.

Each player will get one injury exemption during his career – this will let him stay in the game for one season if he suffers a serious injury.

If a player leads his league in a major category (for hitters – Home Runs, batting average, and RBIs. For pitchers ERA, Wins, and strikeouts) then they cannot be eliminated the next season. This exemption cannot be saved up over multiple seasons.

Only the three worst players in each category can possibly be eliminated in any season. This means that if the three bottom players all had an injury exemption or a category leader exemption, there is no elimination that season. This rule only applies if there are 5 or more players left in the group.

If a player is in the minor leagues, I will still compare their performances but they will receive a slight penalty.

If a player retires from the game or suffers a career ending injury they are out of the competition.

I have started the game with a basic 2010 major league quickstart and drafted the players in the 2011 draft.

Draft Results

Round 1, Pick 1 - Arizona Diamondbacks: 3B FOFC Eaglesfan27
Round 1, Pick 2 - Cleveland Indians: SP FOFC Mizzourah
Round 1, Pick 3 - Pittsburgh Pirates: C FOFC JonInMiddleGA
Round 1, Pick 4 - Chicago White Sox: SS FOFC Ksyrup
Round 1, Pick 5 - Baltimore Orioles: LF FOFC Sterlingice
Round 1, Pick 6 - Kansas City Royals: 1B FOFC Poli
Round 1, Pick 7 - San Francisco Giants: CF FOFC Passacaglia
Round 1, Pick 8 - Detroit Tigers: RF Sir Fozzie
Round 1, Pick 9 - Los Angeles Dodgers: RF Chief Rum
Round 1, Pick 10 - Florida Marlins: 2B FOFC Stevew
Round 1, Pick 11 - Milwaukee Brewers: RF FOFC Isiddiqui
Round 1, Pick 12 - Chicago Cubs: SP FOFC AlanT
Round 1, Pick 13 - New York Mets: SP Dark Cloud
Round 1, Pick 14 - Seattle Mariners: SP FOFC JeeberD
Round 1, Pick 15 - Toronto Blue Jays: SP Daddy Torgo
Round 1, Pick 16 - Philadelphia Philles: SP FOFC Lathum
Round 1, Pick 17 - St. Louis Cardinals: SP FOFC DeToxRox
Round 1, Pick 18 - Washington Nationals: SP FOFC Sabotai
Round 1, Pick 19 - Texas Rangers: SP FOFC Quiksand
Round 1, Pick 20 - Washington Nationals: SP Ben E Lou

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-07-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote