View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #45
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
I enjoy soccer, but it is very difficult to get invested in a team. I have enough trouble noticing the nuances of the game without trying to figure out who the players are. With the English Premier League, I might get to watch a game, but then those teams might not be on television for another month. It's difficult to get an attachment to the players. I think that might be why I enjoy the World Cup so much more than league soccer. I know who the US national team players are.

I tried to follow the Philadelphia Union when they started up, but their games are often on against the Phillies, a match they will lose every time.

1. If you're willing to pay for the additional channel, you can almost always get 9 out of 10 soccer games that are played in the English Premier League each week. All but the worst of the EPL teams are on TV every week.

2. Maybe get a DVR? The one positive about being a follower of a MLS team is that it is very easy to watch the game hours later without having run into any spoilers.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote