View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #4098
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Bingo. I mean small touches on the back of your legs can easily, easily trip you up. It's not a flop if someone falls as a result of that.

Absolutely true. But I think it would be easy to go back to video of games and punish real divers. There's no way the officials can really stay on top of it. They are really hanging them out to dry by not helping them out afterward.

The Scottish Premier League, I think, tried to put a rule like that in a year or so ago. But FIFA, or maybe UEFA, put a stop to it. I don't see how that even fits in with most of the arguments about video (i.e. it would disrupt the flow of the game).

That seems to me the only way to keep diving under control. I thin most fans want more open play and less dubious free kicks. It's easy to pick out too. Every time a player goes down faking an injury to a part that has had no contact, he's treated as though he's committed the unsporting act he's just pulled. Then you just have yellow and red accumulation applied as per the competitions rules as far as suspensions.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote