View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #880
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Am I the only one that has moved on to "over it", with respect to Martin's hit or msis writing schedule?

Nope. I right there with you, Chief. I've long since moved on to "over it." I want him to finish the series as much as anyone. I dying for it. I've read each of these books at least 4 times. I've bought all the RPG books and the art book. I love this stuff.

It's unfathomable to me that it's been 5 years since the last book and there are certain characters, Dany, Tyrion, and Bran, for example, that have essentially been in complete stasis since I began my professional career as an attorney (almost 10 years now). It's crazy to think about.

Still, I've lost any anger or frustration over it. I've long let it ago and decided just to enjoy what I have.

How's that old prayer/saying go? "God, Give us the grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, And the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other." There's nothing I can do to get Martin to write faster or finish it before he dies, so I've accepted that and moved on.

Oh yeah, then there's this: Zombieland Rule 32: "Enjoy the little things."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote