View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

FA Trophy 2nd Round Draw

The winner of our replay will get a home match against either Bath in the BS South or Ashford at the lower division level.

December 14th, 2011

FA Trophy 1st Round Replay

Maidenhead @ Woking

We're even money to win today, Maidenhead is an 11:5 dog. There has to be a winner today, not based on road aggregates or anything, just today's match. Extra time/PK's if its tied.

Herd starts for Arter today, Ademola starts for Keehan. Cullen starts for Rose.

2': A nice move for us, a little buildup, Pulis with a ball into Ademola, he heads it down for Cullen who takes a nice strike, its eaisly saved but an early threat is nice.

7': Harsanyi with a great ball fowrad to Cullen on a counter, Cullen with our first clear cut chance of the match, but he can't quite beat the keeper. Its saved, corner comes to nothing.

9': Herd passes the ball and falls over. I didn't see anyone near him. He's got to come off straight away. I bring Sloma in and with no one near him fear an ACL or something. We'll see.

23': We've taken 7 shots, 5 on target/2 blocked. We should have scored one by now, but we're pressuring like crazy.

43': Harsanyi picks up the ball on the left side, he sprints out wide and delivers a beautiful cross into the 6 yard box. Cullen runs onto it and puts it easily into the net. Cullen deserved that, he's been all over the attack today. 1-0

46': Ricketts goes down after a tackle and he has to come out. Ricky Anane is in at DR the rest of the way, and we're down to 1 sub.

HALF: Nick Fenton has committed a number of fouls and is playing pretty poorly. We've had two of our better players injured and are down to 1 sub on 4 days rest. Other than that though, we've got the lead at home and are more talented on short rest. I'm not going defensive or anything, I want another goal here.

51': Cullen with another clear cut chance, Sloma with a beautiful ball forward, Cullen barely on side and he takes a shot from the right side of the area, its saved though.

65': German goes down making a cross... again, he turned, no one nearby. He could stay in but he dropped to 41% fitness, he needs to rest. Romone Rose gets some AML time.

71': Seriously??? cullen goes down near the corner and he's gotta come off. 4-4-1 time.

76': Ademola with a cross to the far side of the goal, Rose gets a solid head to the ball, their keeper makes a really nice looking diving save, alas.

We attack well with 10 men, or at least we control possession well. Just a 1 goal win but a dominant performance.

Woking 1 : 0 Maidenhead

Harsanyi earns a great 7.9 and man of the match with the assist. His passing from his deep lying forward role was very good today.

Cullen with a 7.2 and a goal. 5 shots, all on target.

Clarke (7.4) and Thomas(7.0) held up well in the back. Fenton recovered from his awful first half and did ok.

Divisional level team Ashford wins their replay over BSS Bath, and we'll face them in round 2.

Injury Update

Mark Cullen eases my worries about an overcrowded striker role in a very unfortunate way. He's out for 3 months with atorn groin muscle.

Chris Herd strains ligaments in his knee with his early injury. 2 months.

Mark Ricketts has a bruised rib, 9-12 days.

German is fine.

Joe O'Sullivan is out 5-7 weeks still, so we've got 2 key central midfielders out for awhile. One nice thing i've found here is that Sam Sloma seems adequate (perhaps better) in a MC role, he's better down the left side but the ability to use him in the middle will be helpful here.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote