View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 16 – I order 1000 infantry built in Utrecht. Our mission is to ally with Brabant.

I convert my ruler to a general and put him in charge of my army.

Oct 17 – Burgundy allows us military access.

Oct 18 – Hainaut rejects our alliance proposal

Oct 19 – Munster accepts our alliance offer – Bishops United!

Nov 1 – Stability increase

Dec 8 – Hainaut agrees to be my ally.

Dec 9 – Our troops have been built, and I waste no time and DOW Gelre.

Our Munster ally does not join us, but Hainaut does. Gelre’s does not join her either, and Brabant, which guaranteed Gelre’s independence is attacking us

Dec 16 – We crush the Gelre army and it is destroyed.

Dec 27 – Brabant begins a siege of Utrecht

Feb 1, 1400 – Stability increase back from the loss from my attack on Gelre

Feb 10 – Hainaut’s forces are harassing Brabant in the south in order to poach a province or two, and that may really relieve some pressure from us.

Apr 1 – Stability increase

Aug 23 – After a lot of battles with small armies trying to dislodge us, and Hainaut stopping Brabant from attacking us, we finally take Gelre. I annex them. I order my troops to relieve the siege.

I order my forces to Breda instead.

Sept 10 – We crush and destroy a Brabant army in Breda, after it was damaged post-fight with Hainaut.

Oct 14 – Since the initial advisors have had their year and not been hired, they are tossed out. I hire a 2 star statesmen and

Oct 17 – These sieges are ongoing:

Us on Breda
Hainaut on Brabant
Brabant on Utrecht
Brabant on Hainaut

I try a risky strategy. Breda’s walls fall, and yet it has full population. I order an assault.

Oct 25 – Breda falls, and I offer Brabant White Peace and they accept.

With Utrecht and Hainaut about to fall, Brabant could have swung the war their way easily, so I felt we should end the war while I have an advantage.

Gelre – 10073 Dutch Catholic Farmers make 10.65 ducats for us annually. This is a core province, and thus has no rebel risk.

So, one year into the game, we have full stability, two government tech advisors, an ally in Hainaut who helped us out, and we annexed Gelre, plus we moved sliders basically twice instead of just the once.

This was a good first year.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote