View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #109
Radii
Head Coach

October 6th, 2012

Torquay (4-6-3, 13th) @ Woking(7-3-2, 5th)

We're very slight favorites. Torquay were demoted from League 2 last year and are fighting to make it back up. not well so far. we've never played them before.

Today's lineup:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Miquel/Williams/Ricketts/Anane
MC: O'Sullivan/Pulis
AM: Sloma/McLaggon
ST: Harsanyi/Sole

Ricketts is back to full training now, obviously. Fenton has done very poorly lately and I want to sit him.

7': O'Sullivan wins a ball in midfield, takes a step by his man, feeds Harsanyi. They close down Harsanyi, he puts a through ball into the open space, Sole runs on to it and puts it home! 1-0

7': I switch to a Counter attacking strategy for now.

12': short corner to Williams, he turns, his man misses a tackle, he fires a shot, the defender at the right post deflects it away...

28': Sole picks up a bit of a knock, he isn't beat up badly it seems though.

36': Harsanyi controls the ball in the left side of the area. The defense closes on him, he feeds Sloma as he runs into the box, sloma with a shot... but saved nicely.

38': O'Sullivan up to Sole, Sole with a move into the area, clear cut strike, diving save by the keeper to put it behind. Corner comes to nothing.

HALF: 3 clear cut chances and just 1 goal, other than that we're real happy here. We've taken 8 shots, 7 on target. Torquay has 5 shots but none on target. We need to get a second goal.

50': We concede a corner. Its taken well, and headed in by one of their strikers. 1-1

58': Sole is breakig forward to receive a pass from O'Sullivan, no one is in front of him. Sole is dragged down behind by defender Collidge, and that's a RED CARD. Torquay down to 10 men.

60': Sloma with a cross into the box. Its deflected away, Sloma hustles to get to it, lays a pass to Sole, who turns and takes a great shot that beats the keeper! 2-1

65': A near breakaway for torquay, they work the ball ahead and generate a good shot from the right side of teh area. Lynch makes a good save.

68': Bennett in for a tired Sloma.

70': Awful, awful defending. We'd switched to a defensive mindset, but somehow we leave a giant hold in the middle of their attack. There's a through ball played from a good 30 yards out and a great finish to tie it up. 2-2

77': Ademola in for a tired McLaggon.

78': Back into a more aggressive mindset.

93': Anane with a cross in to Ademola, his header goes over, and that's the last chance.

Woking 2 : 2 Torquay

With a lead and with them down to 10 men, its completely unacceptable to end with a draw. Very frustrating. they get man of the match today.

Sole has both our goals and an 8.8 rating. Assists from Harsanyi (7.3) and Sloma (6.8). No one else over 7.

I take the blame for not getting a win here. I made a reference to the fact that Zoltan Harsanyi had scored in 12 straight matches in my last post. He doesn't score today, and a goal from him gives us a 3-2 win. Totally on me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote