View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nov 27 – At the age of 53, King Aton of Yegorlyk has passed. He had 3137 prestige, 387 piety.

His traits:

Chaste, Skeptical, Selfish, Modest, Just, Reckless, Suspicious, Weak-willed, Romantic, Hostile
Brilliant Strategist

Long live the new King:

Aspar of Yegorlyk

Abilities: Mar: 8, Diplo: 9, Intrigue: 5, Stew: 9

Stressed, Amiable, Stubborn
Silver Tongued

-25 prestige, 0 piety

Here is the problem with Aspar. His three rivals? They are the Steward, Chancellor and Spy Master. Ick. Here are our current advisors:

Chancellor – Maria of Yegorlyk, 17 Diplo
Spy Master – Keren Siwnik – 14 Intrigue
Steward – Boz-Uruz of Manych, 15 Stewardship
Marshal – Manuel Spartenos, 16 Martial
Diocese Bishop – Aspar Berdzenishvili

And I can’t just give provinces away to my courtiers that don’t like me, because that would hurt their loyalty.

Aspar cannot control as many provinces, due to a lower intrigue. We are going to have to give away some provinces. Disappointing, I know.

On the other hand, he has a much better diplomacy, and his vassals are much less likely to want to go walking.

I give Azov to this really good blind courtier I have. I give Lower Don to this cruel old countess who was once our crown;s Spy Master. I give Don Portage to my uncle, who was once our marshal for a while, but got badly wounded, and is now fit for becoming a count. I am his heir, since he has no kids, and that one may come back to me someday. One of the young scions of the Manych family is given Sarkel. I grant the Count of Crimea to a very well-rounded courtier with no weaknesses and yet no major strengths. I give Sarpa to the Prince of Alania. My best courtier (13, 9, 9, 10) is given Yaik, on the border with bad guys. If we manage to add more territory, he could be my new Prince of Itil. Finally, I hand a celibate marshal the province of Uzens, again to help with its defense (he has martial of 11).

Nov 28 _ I grant the Prince of Azov title to the blind Count of Azov. The counts of Kuban and Tana now report to him.

Dec 3 - I strip the Prince of Crimea title from one count, and give it to my the one in Crimea province.

Our demesne:

Segrov
Tmutarakan
Saray
Itil
Yegorlyk
Kasogs
Kekheti

My max I can have is 7 without financial problems, and I have kept the 7 most valuable provinces. All of these are Orthodox. They are also all over my Kingdom, so I can rally forces from anywhere.

I change my courtiers so now I have a 14 diplo, 13 stewardship and 11 intrigue person in those various roles, instead of the ones who are my rivals.

I’m only getting 60 ducats a month, due to my divestiture of lands.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote